|Wisconsin State Assembly District 46|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Hebl is an attorney and the owner of Title Insurance Company. He is a member of a number of organizations, including the Aircraft Owners Association, Dane County Bar Association, Dane County Pilots Association, Experimental Aircraft Association, and Wisconsin Bar Association.
On his campaign site Hebl lists four main legislative priorities:
- Economy - "I believe it is essential we pass a budget that protects our working families with efficient and responsive state government. There is no single piece of legislation that has more affect on the Wisconsin economy than our state budget."
- Education - "I am strongly in favor of maintaining the state’s statutory commitment to 2/3 funding of K-12 education in Wisconsin. The main change we need at the state level is making sure that commitment is sustained."
- Health care - "The cost of health care is out of control. If given the opportunity to serve you for another term in the Legislature, I will work to make accessibility and affordability in health care a reality, not a false promise."
- Energy - "We can promote renewable energy by investing in the same. As a state, we can solve two problems with one solution. By going “green”, Wisconsin put some “green” back into the pockets of our citizens. If we attract renewable energy industries to our state we can lower our carbon footprint, consume less energy and produce more jobs."
Hebl did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Administrative Rules Committee, Wisconsin Legislature
- Insurance Committee
- Judiciary and Ethics Committee (Chair)
- Natural Resources Committee
- Ways and Means Committee (Chair)
Rep. Hebl speaking at the Relay for Life
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-63 Campaign finance law: scope of regulated activity expanded to include organizations or individuals who, within 60 days of an election, make a communication about a candidate or political party via the media; exceptions specified; forfeiture and fine penalty provisions
- AB-124 Appellate procedure revisions re review of orders denying motion to suppress evidence or challenging admissibility of the statement of a defendant or juvenile in certain circumstances
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Hebl's 2008 campaign were mostly individuals:
- 1. Utschig, Michael R $500
- 2. Degnan, Alan $500
- 3. Electrical Workers $500
- 4. Capital Area Uniserv $500
- 5. McCormick, Pierre $500
- Official campaign site
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gary Hebl
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2008, 2006, 2004
- Freedom Speaks profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |