|Oklahoma Auditor and Inspector|
|2011 - Present|
|Years in position||2|
|Predecessor||Steve Burrage (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Comanche County Commissioner|
|1994 - 1998|
|High school||Lawton Eisenhower High School (1972)|
|Bachelor's||Cameron University in Lawton (1978)|
|Other||Certified public accountant and fraud examiner|
|Place of birth||Fort Sill, Oklahoma|
Jones, the son of a U.S. Army veteran with 23 years of service, was born at Fort Still, Oklahoma. He attended grade school in Oklahoma, Texas and Germany before graduating from Lawton Eisenhower High School. He went on to graduate from Cameron University with degrees in business administration and accounting.
Jones was elected Comanche County Commissioner in 1994 and served in that office for four years. He was elected Oklahoma Republican Party Chairman in 2003 and served in that capacity until he resigned in 2010 to run for auditor.
- Lawton Eisenhower High School (1972)
- BS, Business administration and accounting, Cameron University (1978)
Oklahoma Auditor (2011-Present)
Jones has served as Oklahoma Auditor and Inspector since 2011.
Comanche County Commissioner (1994-1998)
Jones served as Comanche County Commissioner from 1994 to 1998.
Jones is eligible to run for re-election as Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector in 2014. He has not yet made his intentions in the race known.
Jones was first elected as Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector on November 2, 2010.
|Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector, 2010|
|Election Results Via: Oklahoma State Election Board|
Comprehensive donor information for Jones is available dating back to 2000. Based on available campaign finance records, Jones raised a total of $600,314 during that time period. This information was last updated on May 13, 2013.
Ballotpedia collects information on campaign donors for each year in which a candidate or incumbent is running for election. The following table offers a breakdown of Gary Jones's donors each year. Click [show] for more information.
|Gary Jones's Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$831,514|
|Top 5 contributors||Gary Jones||$63,130|
|Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma||$5,000|
|Comanche County Republican Party||$3,000|
Jones and his wife, Mary Jane, live on a farm southwest of Cache where they raised two children and built a cow-calf operation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gary + Jones + Oklahoma + Auditor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kay County Republican Party Meets on Thursday - Ponca City News
- State Officials comment on the passing of Former Labor Commissioner Brenda ... - City-sentinel
- Commission urges Oklahoma governor and lawmakers to improve pension ... - NewsOK.com
- Parents request audit of Dickson Public Schools - KXII-TV
- Editorial: Pension liability damaging local government credit - Tulsa World
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Oklahoma State Auditor & Inspector
- Jones' biography
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010, 2006, 2002, 2000
Steve Burrage (D)
|Oklahoma State Auditor and Inspector
| Succeeded by|