|Kansas State Senate District 31|
|High school||Bayless Senior High (1974)|
|Bachelor's||University of Missouri – Columbia (1978)|
|Profession||CEO, iSi Environmental|
On his campaign website, Mason outlines the following seven main issues of his campaign:
- Job Growth "Jobs are of the utmost importance to the state of Kansas. Private sector jobs pay for the critical services like education and social programs that our state provides. Without strong employment levels, the state can’t afford to pay for these vital programs. Therefore it is paramount that Kansas has an aggressive approach to creating jobs."
- Lowering Taxes Burden: "I am a strong supporter of lowering income tax. States with low or no income tax are outperforming states like Kansas."
- Fiscal Responsibility: "During the last decade, State government grew over 40%, while our cost of living only increased 27%. In addition, Kansas is ranked 48th in the nation in the number of public employees per number of people in the state. This tells us as Kansans that we still have a tremendous amount of room to control spending and exercise fiscal discipline."
- Education: "As a business person who hires young citizens – products of our education systems – I have special interest in ensuring the success of our educational institutions. As a senator my goals will be to ensure that the decisions are in the hands of the parents, and as many of the dollars provided as possible are reaching the classroom."
- Agriculture: "Protection of your rights and ability to keep the family farm for future generations is very important. Protection from overreaching government is of the utmost importance. From farm dust to child labor laws, the family farm needs to be protected."
- Pro-Life Advocate: "The United States and Kansas Constitutions require Kansas Senators to protect life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. As your senator, I will protect life, starting with the protection of the unborn child."
- 2nd Amendment Right Protection: "Both the State and Federal Constitutions give Kansans the right to bear arms and I will fight to uphold those rights."
- See also: Kansas State Senate elections, 2012
Mason ran in the 2012 election for Kansas State Senate District 31. He was defeated by incumbent Carolyn McGinn in the Republican primary on August 7. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas State Senate, District 31 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Carolyn McGinn Incumbent||55.1%||4,770|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gary + Mason + Kansas + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Mason is from St. Louis. He moved to Wichita in 1982 to work for Vulcan Chemicals. Mason is married and has three children.
- Gary Mason for Kansas Senate, "Issues," accessed July 26, 2012
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (unofficial)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Kansas Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- The Wichita Eagle, "ISi Environmental CEO Gary Mason announces state Senate run," January 3, 2012