|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
A businessman by trade, Tauchen currently serves as Director of Badger AgVest, LLC. He formerly served as Director of M&I Bank–Shawano, and was a founding board member of Cooperative Resources International.
Tauchen is a member of a number of community organizations, including the Dairy Business Association, Shawano Area Chamber of Commerce, Shawano County Dairy Herd Improvement Association, Shawano County Republican Party, and Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation.
Tauchen's official website lists his positions on many issues, including:
- Tax Reform and Fiscal Restraint - "Our state’s excessively high tax rates are driving away our young college graduates, keeping companies from settling in the Badger State, and crippling small businesses."
- Economic Development - "I will fight for lower taxes, sensible regulations, a reliable energy supply, and private sector job growth, so Wisconsin can better compete in the global marketplace."
- Right to Life - "I am pro-life and believe life is to be protected, not destroyed."
- Capital Punishment - "I believe capital punishment is an appropriate penalty for the most heinous of crimes when there is DNA evidence to support a conviction."
- Definition of Marriage - "I support the traditional definition of marriage. I believe that only a marriage between a man and a woman should be valid and recognized as a marriage in this state."
Tauchen did not provide answers to the 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
| Wisconsin State Assembly, District 6
Republican Primary (2010)
|Gary Tauchen (R)||5,658||99.68%|
On November 4, 2008, Tauchen won reelection to Assembly District 6, receiving 55.02% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 6|
|Gary Tauchen (R)||14,237|
|John Powers (D)||11,631|
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-85 Temporary "Class B" licenses a municipality may issue to certain organizations in a 12-month period increased
- AB-166 Veterinary clinic at which pesticides are used or repackaged: certain DATCP permit requirement eliminated; Veterinary Examining Board prohibited from requiring training and continuing education re pesticide use and disposal
- AB-180 Environmental Results Program revisions and name changed to Green Tier Program, Environmental Cooperation Pilot Program provisions; Environmental Improvement Program revisions and name changed to Environmental Compliance Audit Program
- AJR-16 State fund or program revenue appropriation account: dissolution by law permitted; purpose of other accounts may not be changed or used in a conflicting manner. Constitutional amendment (1st consideration)
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Tauchen's 2008 campaign:
- 1. Tauchen, Gary $4,300
- 2. WI Federation of Cooperatives $700
- 3. Ostrom, James $500
- 4. WI Builders Assoc $500
- 5. Alliant Energy $500
- Campaign website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Gary Tauchen
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Tauchen's LinkedIn
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 6
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |