|New Mexico Senate District 42|
|2003 - present|
|January 1, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|Place of birth||Oklahoma City, OK|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kernan has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kernan served on these committees:
- See also: New Mexico State Senate elections, 2012
Kernan is running for re-election in 2012. She is running unopposed in the June 5, 2012 Republican primary. No Democratic candidates have filed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
Kernan raised $15,710 for her campaign.
Listed below are the largest contributors to Gay Kernan's 2008 campaign.
|New Mexico Realtors Association||$1,500|
|Louisiana Energy Services||$1,000|
|New Mexico Medical Society||$1,000|
Kernan is married to John and has a daughter named Elizabeth.
- Biography from the New Mexico Legislature website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Voting record from New Mexico Votes.org
|New Mexico State Senate District 42
| Succeeded by|