|U.S. House, Kentucky, District 4|
|January 3, 2005-July 31, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||November 2, 2004|
|Bachelor's||U.S. Military Academy, West Point, New York|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||1976-1987|
|Date of birth||October 26, 1958|
|Place of birth||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Committee assignments
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Analysis
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Davis initially announced he would retire at the end of his term rather than seek re-election, in 2012 In July, however, Davis announced his resignation, choosing not to finish out his term.
Davis was born in 1958 in Montreal, Canada, to American parents, and attended high school in West Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He earned his B.S. from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, and went on to serve in the Army through 1987. Outside of politics, he has also worked as a manufacturer and consultant.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Davis' professional and political career:
- U.S. House of Representatives, 4th Congressional District of Kentucky, 2005-2013
- U.S. Army, 1976-1987
U.S. House of Representatives
Davis served on the following House committees:
- Ways and Means Committee
- Subcommittee on Human Resources Chairman
- Subcommittee on Trade
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 4 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Geoff Davis incumbent||69.5%||151,813|
Davis won re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives in 2010. During that re-election cycle, Davis' campaign committee raised a total of $1,591,164 and spent $1,514,779.
|U.S. House, Kentucky District 4, 2010 - Geoff Davis Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$444,682|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$412,046|
|Top contributors to Geoff Davis's campaign committee|
|Procter & Gamble||$14,600|
|Blue Cross/Blue Shield||$14,500|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Misc Manufacturing & Distributing||$63,550|
|Securities & Investment||$55,750|
Congressional staff salaries
The website Legistorm compiles staff salary information for members of Congress. Davis paid his congressional staff a total of $890,886 in 2011. He ranks 108th on the list of the lowest paid Republican representative staff salaries and ranks 132nd overall of the lowest paid representative staff salaries in 2011. Overall, Kentucky ranks 10th in average salary for representative staff. The average U.S. House of Representatives congressional staff was paid $954,912.20 in fiscal year 2011.
Based on congressional financial disclosure forms and calculations made available by OpenSecrets.org, Davis' net worth as of 2010 was estimated between $46,004 and $165,000. That averages to $105,502, which is lower than the average net worth of Republican representatives in 2010 of $7,561,133.
National Journal vote ratings
- See also: National Journal vote ratings
Each year National Journal publishes an analysis of how liberally or conservatively each member of Congress voted in the previous year. Davis ranked 170th in the conservative rankings.
Voting with party
Geoff Davis voted with the Republican Party 93.6% of the time, which ranked 91 among the 242 House Republican members as of November 2011.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Geoff + Davis + Kentucky + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Social media:
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Roll Call "Rep. Geoff Davis Announces Retirement" Accessed December 18, 2011
- Politico, "Rep. Geoff Davis resigns from Congress," July 31, 2012
- Courier Journal "Geoff Davis resigns from Congress, cites family health issue," July 31, 2012
- Washington Post, "Republican Rep. Geoff Davis of Kentucky resigns, cites a family health issue," July 31, 2012
- GovTrack, "Davis" Accessed May 16, 2012
- Biographical Guide to Members of Congress "Geoff Davis," Accessed November 12, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "House of Representatives Committee Assignments" Accessed November 12, 2011
- U.S. Congress House Clerk, "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010," accessed March 28, 2013
- Open Secrets, "Geoff Davis 2010 Re-Election Cycle," Accessed November 12, 2011
- LegiStorm, "Geoff Davis"
- OpenSecrets.org, "Davis, (R-Kentucky), 2010"
- National Journal, "Searchable Vote Ratings Tables: House," accessed February 23, 2012
- OpenCongress, "Voting With Party," accessed July 2014
- Official House Site "Biography," Accessed November 12, 2011
|U.S. House of Representatives - Kentucky, District 4
| Succeeded by|
Thomas Massie (R)