|New York State Assembly District 105|
|2007 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||7|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Amedore and his wife, Joelle, have three children; George, Anthony, and Bria.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Amedore has been appointed to the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Export Trade
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Amedore served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Amedore is running in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 46. Amedore ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he is also running on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Amedore is challenged by Cecilia F. Tkaczyk (D) in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Amedore defeated Gerard Parisi in the September 14 Republican primary. Amedore defeated Angelo Santabarbara (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 105 2010|
|George Amedore (R)||21,438|
|Angelo Santabarbara (D)||15,089|
On November 4, 2008 Amedore won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 105, defeating opponent Mark Blanchfield (D).
Amedore raised $520,191 for his campaign while Blanchfield raised $260,782.
|New York State Assembly, District 105 2008|
|George Amedore (R)||29,784|
|Mark Blanchfield (D)||18,404|
In 2010, Amedore received $130,263 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Amedore's campaign in 2010|
|Sand Stone Investment Partners LLC||$3,800|
|Emerald Asset Advisors LLC||$3,800|
|Golub, Neil M||$3,500|
|BTL Properties Inc||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$130,263|
- New York Assembly - Rep. George Amedore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Amedore
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 9, 2012.
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly - District 105
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |