|New York State Senate District 46|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|New York State Assembly District 105|
|2007 - 2013|
After officially certified election results deemed Amedore the winner of the District 46 seat, he was sworn in as a legislator in January 2013. However, just days later (and 73 days after the general election), Amedore's opponent, Cecilia F. Tkaczyk (D) was named the winner after county election officials opened nearly 100 new ballots.
Amedore and his wife, Joelle, have three children; George, Anthony, and Bria.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Amedore served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York State Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York State Assembly
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Subcommittee on Export Trade
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Amedore served on the following committees:
- Agriculture Committee, New York Assembly
- Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Committee, New York Assembly
- Cities Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Economic Development, Job Creation, Commerce and Industry Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
Amedore ran in the 2012 election for New York State Senate District 46. Amedore ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 13, 2012; he also ran on the Conservative Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. Amedore was defeated by Cecilia F. Tkaczyk (D) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
The 46th district was newly drawn, and seemed initially to favor incumbent Amedore. However, the race was close, as outside PACs poured money into the district supporting Tkaczyk. Amedore was initially declared the winner by 37 votes, but after a recount, Tkaczyk was delcared the winner by 18 votes.
|New York State Senate, District 46, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Cecilia F. Tkaczyk||50%||63,104|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Amedore defeated Gerard Parisi in the September 14 Republican primary. Amedore defeated Angelo Santabarbara (D) in the general election on November 2. In addition to his slot on the Republican Party ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State and the Conservative Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 105 2010|
|George Amedore (R)||21,438|
|Angelo Santabarbara (D)||15,089|
On November 4, 2008 Amedore won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 105, defeating opponent Mark Blanchfield (D).
Amedore raised $520,191 for his campaign while Blanchfield raised $260,782.
|New York State Assembly, District 105 2008|
|George Amedore (R)||29,784|
|Mark Blanchfield (D)||18,404|
In 2010, Amedore received $130,263 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Amedore's campaign in 2010|
|Sand Stone Investment Partners LLC||$3,800|
|Emerald Asset Advisors LLC||$3,800|
|Golub, Neil M||$3,500|
|BTL Properties Inc||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$130,263|
- New York Assembly - Rep. George Amedore
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Timesunion.com "It's Tkaczyk by just 18 votes," Accessed January 21, 2013
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Amedore
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces New York Assembly Endorsements," December 9, 2011
- [www.timesunion.com/local/article/It-s-Tkaczyk-by-just-18-votes-4205383.php Timesunion.com "It's Tkaczyk by just 18 votes," Accessed January 21, 2013]
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
|New York Assembly District 105
| Succeeded by|
Kieran Michael Lalor (R)
|New York State Senate District 46
| Succeeded by|
Cecilia F. Tkaczyk (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |