|Virginia Senate District 39|
|2008 - Present|
|January 11, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2007|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Eldorado, IL|
Barker received a A.B at Harvard College and M.S. at Harvard University. Barker is a member of the Fairfax Presbyterian church.
In addition to serving as senator Barker works as a health planner.
- Education and Health
- General Laws and Technology
- Privileges and Elections
- Rehabilitation and Social Services
Baker raised $976,911 for his campaign while O'Brien raised $893,431.
|Virginia State Senate, District 39 (2007)|
|George Barker (D)||19,892||50.92%|
|J.K. "Jay" O'Brien (R)||19,131||48.97%|
Below are Barker's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2007 election:
|Democratic Party of Virginia||$281,419|
|Virginia Senate Democratic Caucus||$76,900|
|Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee||$50,000|
|Moving Virginia Forward||$50,000|
Barker was born in Eldorado, Illinois on August 24, 1951.
- Sen. Barker's websitesenatorbarker
- Biography from the Virginia Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions:2007
|Virginia Senate District 39
| Succeeded by|