|Michigan House of Representatives District 15|
|January 1, 2011-Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||3 terms|
|Dearborn City Council|
|Bachelor's||University of Michigan-Dearborn|
- 1 Issues
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Elections
- 4 Campaign donors
- 5 Committee assignments
- 6 Scorecards
- 7 Recent news
- 8 External links
- 9 References
Darany served as a member of the Dearborn City Council from 2007 through 2010. He is the former owner and founder of Classic Trolley Co.
Darany holds a degree in Economics from the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Darany's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Education Budget Deadline to July 1
- Excerpt:"Our schools must have the resources to educate our children and to keep enough teachers in the classroom in order to prepare our students for good-paying jobs in the 21st century economy."
Ending Taxpayer-Funded Lifetime Health Care for (Future) State Lawmakers
- Excerpt:"Our lawmakers must share in the sacrifice being asked of residents all across the state. As we work to reform our government, create jobs and get Michigan’s fiscal house back in order, it’s critical that our elected officials lead by example."
Effects of Revenue Sharing Cuts/ Public Safety
- Excerpt:"Revenue sharing is vital to keeping Michigan’s families and neighborhoods safe. Unfortunately, all too often, revenue sharing is an easy target for cuts during tough budget times, and our residents and communities have paid the price."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Darany served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy, Vice-chair|
|• Military and Veterans Affairs|
Darany won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 15. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Priscilla Parness (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||George Darany Incumbent||75%||26,465|
Darany won election to the District 15 Seat in 2010. He defeated Stephen Dobkowski, Jr., Alex Shami and Linda Tafelski in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Suzanne Sareini (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 15 General election (2010)|
|George Darany (D)||12,408|
|Suzanne Sareini (R)||10,221|
|Daryl Smith (U.S. Taxpayers of Michigan)||1,007|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Darany raised $86,198 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Michigan House Democratic Fund||$21,358|
|Michigan Reg Council Of Carp||$5,000|
|Hammel Leadership Fund||$5,000|
|Michigan Trial Lawyers Association||$5,000|
More voting record details
- List of all of Darany’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Darany served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Darany served on these committees:
- Health Policy
- Military and Veterans Affairs
- Homeland Security
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
George Darany received a 15% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term George + Darany + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
Gino Polidori (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |