|U.S. House, New York, District 1|
|J.D.||Fordham Law School|
Demos has earned the following academic degrees:
- B.A. in Political Science from Columbia University
- J.D. from Fordham Law School
Demos has served in the following positions:
- Intern at the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office in Riverhead
- United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Enforcement Attorney (2002-2009)
—George Demos, 
|U.S. House, New York District 1 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Source: Results via Associated Press Vote totals above are unofficial and will be updated once official totals are made available.|
Demos' endorsements include:
- Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- Giuliani endorsed George Demos on March 7, 2014.
- In a statement released by the Demos campaign, Giuliani called the candidate “a fiscal conservative who says what he believes and believes what he says.” Giuliani stated, “as a former prosecutor, he knows the good guys from the bad. He will rattle the cages of the establishment. He’ll make a difference. And George would never support Obamacare. His voice will be heard in the halls of Congress, and I predict, throughout America...I am impressed with George, his passion, his intellect, and his integrity. I am proud to endorse his candidacy and prouder still to call him a friend. George Demos is one of us. And it’s time for George Demos for Congress."
- Former Gov. George Pataki
- Both the U.S. Jobs Council and the American Action Network released campaign ads accusing Demos of taking money from Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
|George Demos (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|October Quarterly||October 3, 2013||$0.00||$1,000,000.00||$(0.00)||$1,000,000.00|
|Year End||January 31, 2014||$1,000,000.00||$1,201,510.00||$(149,121.80)||$2,052,388.20|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$2,052,388.20||$35,245.00||$(815,686.22)||$1,271,946.98|
**Included in the total contributions are two personal loans from George Demos: $1 million incurred on November 9, 2013, and $1 million incurred on December 30, 2013.
Demos is the son-in-law of Angelo K. Tsakopoulos. Tsakopoulos is a major Democratic donor and the chairman of AKT Development Corporation, a real estate firm.
Demos and his wife, Chrysa, live in Stony Brook, New York, with their son, Angelo. Demos attends a Greek Orthodox Church.
- United States House of Representatives
- New York's 1st Congressional District elections, 2014
- New York's 1st Congressional District
- Green Papers, "NY District 1," accessed September 30, 2013
- Associated Press, "New York - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Wall Street Journal, "Demos quits GOP primary for congressional seat," May 25, 2012
- George Demos for Congress, "Meet George: A Biography," accessed May 24, 2014
- George Demos for U.S. Congress, "Issues," accessed April 7, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Wayback Machine, "George Demos for Congress - Issues," accessed April 7, 2014
- NY State of Politics, "Giuliani Joins Pataki In Backing Demos Over Zeldin (Updated)," accessed March 121, 2014
- LI News Radio, "Mayor Rudy Giuliani Endorses George Demos for Congress," accessed March 11, 2014
- Politico, "George Pataki backs Tim Bishop challenger," accessed October 11, 2013
- YouTube, "Integrity and Character," accessed April 22, 2014
- YouTube, "Demos for Congress TV Ad: 'Seen It All'," accessed May 23, 2014
- NY State of Politics, "A Super PAC Slams Demos," accessed April 22, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos Summary Report," accessed June 26, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos October Quarterly," accessed April 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos Year End," accessed April 8, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "George Demos April Quarterly," accessed April 24, 2014
- Roll Call, "Wealthy Republican Candidates Seek House," accessed October 29, 2013
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |