|Oklahoma House of Representatives District 14|
|2006 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Date of birth||July 14, 1962|
|Place of birth||Brownfield, Texas|
|Profession||Owner/Operator, Clean Pro|
George Faught (b. July 14, 1962) is a former Republican member of the Oklahoma House of Representatives. He represented the 14th District from 2006-2012. He served as an Assistant Majority Floor Leader.
Faught ran against and was defeated by Markwayne Mullin in a runoff election on August 28, 2012, after no candidate received enough of the votes to win the nomination in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012.
Faught graduated from Bryan Institute in 1982. After receiving his Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration certification, he became owner and operator of a cleaning business. He and his wife, Becky, have three children: Tyler, Jamison and Savannah.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Faught served on these committees:
- Administrative Rules and Government Oversight Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives, Chair
- Economic Development, Tourism and Financial Services Committee, Oklahoma State House
- Subcommittee on General Government and Transportation
- Transportation Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Faught served on the following committees:
- Administrative Rules and Agency Oversight Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Economic Development & Financial Services Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
- Government Modernization Committee, Oklahoma House of Representatives
In mid-July 2011, Faught announced he would run in 2012 for a seat representing Oklahoma in the U.S. House of Representatives. The seat was held by Democrat Dan Boren, who did not be seek a fifth term in office. Faught faced Markwayne Mullin, Wayne Pettigrew, Dustin Rowe, Dwayne Thompson, and Dakota Wood in the primary on June 26, 2012. He was defeated by Markwayne Mullin in a runoff election on August 28, 2012, after no candidate received enough of the votes to win the nomination in the Republican primary on June 26, 2012.
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 2 Runoff Election Republican Primary, 2012|
On May 24, 2012, Faught released a 30-second campaign ad titled, "When I got to Washington."
"When I go to Washington"
On June 20, 2012, Faught released a second ad titled, "The Only Candidate."
"When I go to Washington"
"Gov. Mike Huckabee supports George Faught"
In May, Faught released a radio ad, touting Mike Huckabee's endorsement.
- Gov. Mike Huckabee
- Concerned Women for America
- Family Research Council
- Former OK GOP chairman Gary Jones
|Oklahoma House of Representatives, District 14|
|GEORGE FAUGHT (R)||7,449|
|EUGENE BLANKENSHIP (D)||5,962|
A Cole Hargrave Snodgrass & Associates poll commissioned by the Mullin campaign shows Mullin leading the GOP field.
|Oklahoma's Congressional District 2, 2012|
|Poll||Markwayne Mullin (R)||George Faught (R)||Wayne Pettigrew (R)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
(June 4-5, 2012)
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
As of March 31, 2012, Faught raised $294,898 during the 2012 election cycle and spent $141,911, leaving him with $152,987 cash on hand. Of that, 93 percent came from individual contributions, five percent came from PAC contributions, and two percent came from candidate self-financing.
In 2010, a year in which Faught was up for re-election, he collected $66,875 in donations.
His largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Oklahoma House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to George Faught's campaign in 2010|
|Oklahoma Society Of Anesthesiologists||$3,000|
|Oklahoma Public Employees Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$66,875|
In 2008, Faught collected $136,105 in donations.
These were the largest contributors in 2008.
|MUSKOGEE COUNTY REPUBLICANS||$4,000|
|HARVEY, RALPH L||$3,000|
|INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENTS OF OKLAHOMA||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Faught + Oklahoma + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional District
- Oklahoma's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
- United States House of Representatives
- Representative Faught's campaign
- House website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Representative Faught's facebook
- Oklahoma Elections Division "Election Results" Accessed June 26, 2012
- AP Results "U.S. House runoff primary results" Accessed August 28, 2012
- Muskogee Phoenix.com, "State rep announces bid for US House," July 15, 2011
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Oklahoma Secretary of State, "Primary Runoff Election Results," September 4, 2012
- Hotair.com "Interview with George Faught, Candidate for Congress in the 2nd District of Oklahoma" Accessed June 24, 2012
- Oklahoma State Election Board, Unofficial Results
- Oklahoma House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- "2008 campaign contributions"
- Roll Call "Oklahoma: Markwayne Mullin Internal Poll Shows Him Ahead in GOP Primary" Accessed Jun 16, 2012
- opensecrets.org Accessed June 14, 2012
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions
|Oklahoma House of Representatives - District 14
| Succeeded by|
Arthur Hulbert (R)
State of Oklahoma
Oklahoma City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor and Inspector | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Wildlife Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Commissioner of Corporations |