George Latimer (New York)
|New York State Assembly District 91|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Latimer's professional experience is as a marketing executive for AT&T, IBM, International Telephone & Telegraph Company, Nestle, and Sherson Lehman.
Latimer earned a BA from Fordham University and a MPA from New York University's Wagner School. He and his wife, Robin, have one child; Meagan.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Latimer ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Bill Reed (R) in the general election on November 2.Note: Challenge in Progress In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
On November 4, 2008 Latimer won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 91, defeating opponent Rob Biagi (R).
Latimer raised $140,964 for his campaign while Biagi raised $22,273.
|New York State Assembly, District 91 2008|
|George Latimer (D)||31,886|
|Rob Biagi (R)||12,816|
In the 2008 election, Latimer raised a total of $140,964.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Chin, Sylvia F||$2,000|
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$1,500|
|New York State United Teachers||$1,500|
|New York State Pipe Trades Association||$1,500|
|Communications Workers Local 1103||$1,050|
- Subcommittee on Catastrophic Natural Disasters
- Governmental Operations Committee, New York Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York Assembly
- Labor Committee, New York Assembly
- Local Governments Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- Subcommittee on Oversight of Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises
- New York Assembly - Rep. George Latimer
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Latimer
- Poughkeepsie Journal, "New voting machines could complicate legal challenges," November 8, 2010
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- [XXXXXXX Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions]
|New York Assembly - District 91
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |