Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, New York, District 7|
Martinez ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing New York's 7th District. He sought the nomination on the Democratic ticket and faced 12th district incumbent Nydia Velazquez, Dan O'Connor and Erik Dilan in the June 26 Democratic primary. Velazquez won the primary.
Dilan and Velazquez were seen as the frontrunners. Martinez is a member of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and frequently delivers his messages in rap form. He is involved with an initiative called "Bum Rush the Vote." He says his experience with the Occupy movement inspired him to run, although he had previously been engaged in electoral politcs.
|U.S. House, New York District 7 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Nydia Velazquez Incumbent||58%||16,011|
2012 congressional campaign
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "George + Martinez + New York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- As governors descend on DC, spotlight's on possible 2016 candidates - CBS News
- Dance Tracks of the Week: The Martinez Brothers Enter the D.A.I.S.Y. Age - SPIN
- Ag census shows boom in farm sales - myfoxny.com
- Mario G. Suarez, PE (1926 - 2014) - Talk of the Sound (blog)
- Concerts Listings: Feb. 21 to 27, 2014 - Wilkes Barre Times-Leader
- Governors Races in 2014: Where Politics Really Is Local - Christian Post
- Prince George's County home sales - Washington Post
- DAYBREAK DAILY: Arlington's Favola says 'war on women continues' - WJLA
- Democratic Rep. Gloria Negrete McLeod of Chino won't seek reelection - Los Angeles Times
- The Presidents on the Presidents: How They Judge One Another - TIME
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |