George Overbey, Jr.
|George Overbey, Jr.|
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 69|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Overbey has worked as a Hearing Officer in the Department of Finance and Administration and was in the Army National Guard.
He has served as member of the Lamar School Board, and Mayor of the city of Lamar.
Overbey did not provide answers to the Arkansas State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Legislative Council, Arkansas Assembly
- City, County and Local Affairs Committee, Arkansas House
- Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee, Arkansas House
- Public Retirement and Social Security Programs Committee, Arkansas Assembly (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Administrative Rules and Regulations (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Hospital and Medicaid Study
- Subcommittee on Labor and Environment
- Subcommittee on Local Government Personnel
Overbey's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 1135 - "AN ACT TO CLARIFY THAT THE GOVERNING BODY OF A CITY OF THE SECOND CLASS MAY PRESCRIBE THE RETIREMENT BENEFITS OF A MAYOR OF THE CITY OF THE SECOND CLASS."
- HB 1232 - "AN ACT TO CREATE THE LONG-TERM CARE QUALITY IMPROVEMENT ACT."
- HB 1493 - "AN ACT CONCERNING DISBURSEMENT OF FINES FROM DISTRICT COURTS."
For a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Overbey was ineligible to run for re-election in 2010 due to the term limits of the Arkansas House of Representatives.
Overbey raised $13,971 for his campaign.
Below are Overbey's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|Arkansas Health Care Assoc||$1,000|
|Southwestern Energy Co||$750|
- Arkansas House of Representatives - Rep. George Overbey, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2004
|Arkansas House District 69
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|