Georgia's 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
Georgia has an open primary system, in which registered voters do not have to be members of a party to vote in that party's primary. When runoff elections are used, voters must vote in same party's runoff election as they voted for in the first round election.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Phil Gingrey (R). Gingrey announced on March 27, 2013 in Augusta that he is running for the open U.S. Senate seat currently held by Sen. Saxby Chambliss. Chambliss will retire rather than seek re-election to the Senate in 2014.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.
- Allan Levene
- Edward Lindsey: Georgia House Republican Majority Whip
- Bob Barr: Former Representative
- Barry Loudermilk: State senator
- Tricia Pridemore: Businesswoman
- Larry Mrozinski: Retired U.S. Army colonel
- Hayden Collins
|U.S. House, Georgia District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Phil Gingrey Incumbent||68.6%||196,968|
|Source: Georgia Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Georgia's 11th Congressional District, General Election, 2010|
|Republican||Phil Gingrey Incumbent||100%||163,515|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Georgia, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, "Phil Gingrey rejects gun clip limits, changes course on Todd Akin," March 11, 2013
- AJC "Phil Gingrey Enters 2014 Race for U.S. Senate" Accessed March 28, 2013
- Georgia Redistricting "Map" Accessed July 2012
- Atlanta Journal Constitution, "Running for Congress, in Georgia and three other states – at the same time," accessed November 12, 2013
- GA Pundit "State Rep Ed Lindsey's Announcment" Accessed April 16, 2013
- Atlanta Journal Constitution "Your daily jolt: Barry Loudermilk makes it a trio in GOP's 11th District race" Accessed April 25, 2013
- Macon.com, "Ga. state Senator resigns for congressional bid," accessed August 28, 2013
- Marietta Daily Journal "Tricia Pridemore to seek Gingrey" Accessed May 14, 2013
- Marietta Daily Journal, "Retired Army colonel vies for Gingrey’s seat," accessed August 19, 2013
- Hayden for the House, "Home," accessed November 23, 2013
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"