Georgia's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Lynn A. Westmoreland
Heading into the election the incumbent is Lynn A. Westmoreland (R), who was first elected in 2004.
Georgia's 3rd Congressional District is based in west central Georgia and stretches from Columbus in the south to the southern edge of the Atlanta Metropolitan Area in the north, including Fayette, Coweta, Henry and Spalding counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
- Lynn Westmoreland - Incumbent
- No candidates filed to run
May 20, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Georgia District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lynn Westmoreland Incumbent||100%||232,380|
|Source: Georgia Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Georgia, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Georgia Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 5, 2012
- Georgia Secretary of State, "Candidate List," accessed March 8, 2014
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"