Difference between revisions of "Georgia 2014 ballot measures"
m (→Potential measures)
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 14:45, 2 April 2014
One ballot measure has been certified for the 2014 ballot in the state of Georgia.
- Since 1996, an average of seven measures have appeared annually on the ballot in Georgia. Therefore, 2014 is a below average year based on the currently certified measures.
- The number of measures on a state-wide ballot since 1996 have ranged from 2 to 11.
- Since 1996, 49 of 61 or 80.33% of Georgia ballot measures have been approved by voters.
- Conversely, 14 of 61 or 22.95% of measures have been defeated.
On the ballot
- See also: 2014 ballot measures
|AQs||Democratic Primary Advisory Questions||Elections||Advises the state Democratic Party on four political issues|
|Amendment A||Taxes||Prohibits the state from increasing the maximum state income tax rate above that in effect on January 1, 2015|
|Amendment B||Gov't Finances||Empowers the legislature to impose additional reckless driving penalties and allocate revenue from such penalties to the Brain and Spinal Injury Trust Fund|
|LRSS||Referendum 1||Taxes||Extends an ad valorem tax exemption to privately owned and operated student dormitories and parking decks within the University of Georgia system|
Not on the ballot
|English as Official Language Amendment||English||Declares English the official language of the State of Georgia|
|Personhood Amendment||Abortion||Declares that life begins at fertilization|
|Abolishment of Income Tax Amendment||Taxes||Phases out income tax by 2027|
|Secret Ballot Amendment||Elections||Guarantees the right of individuals to vote by secret ballot|
|Education Trust Fund Amendment||Education||Creates an Education Trust Fund that is distinct from the general budget|
State of Georgia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | State Superintendent of Schools | Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |