|Alabama State Senate District 21|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama, 1973|
|Date of birth||February 8, 1950|
|Place of birth||Tuscaloosa, AL|
Allen is currently the owner of CASHCO Marketing. He has previously worked in sales, as Athletic Director for Tuscaloosa County Parks and Recreation, and Coach for the Tuscaloosa County Board of Education.
He is a member of the Cottondale Elementary Parent-Teacher Association, Holt High School Parent-Teacher Association, University of Alabama Alumni Association, West Alabama Chamber of Commerce and Citizen Club, and Deacon at the Gilgal Baptist Church.
Allen served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Commerce, Transportation and Utilities Committee Chair
- Confirmations Committee
- Education Committee
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Finance and Taxation Education Committee
- Local Legislation No. 1 Committee
- Reapportionment Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- Transportation Committee, Alabama State Legislature
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 21 General election (2010)|
|Gerald Allen (R)||20,528|
|Phil Poole (D)||19,509|
Allen lists the following two issues on his campaign website:
- Excerpt: "I will fight to cut taxes, stop waste and end bailouts so we can create jobs and improve the economy. I will work hard to bring good paying jobs to Senate District 21-so our children can stay and raise their children here. This election is about our families and jobs."
- Excerpt: "I believe the strength of our communities is found in the family. I am pro-life and will stand up for the unborn in the Alabama Senate."
Allen raised $80,186 for his campaign, while Skelton raised $9,497.
|Alabama State House, District 62 (2006)|
|Gerald Allen (R)||7,667|
|Ann Skelton (D)||4,645|
Allen was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Allen raised $434,019 in contributions. 
His three largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$82,500|
|Alabama Republican Party||$82,019|
Rep. Allen discussing the future of boxing in Alabama
In 2006, Allen raised $80,186 in donations.
Below are Allen's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Farmers Federation||$6,203|
|Business Council of Alabama||$5,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$3,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gerald + Allen + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
Allen and his wife Sheila have three children.
- Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Gerald Allen for State Senate on Facebook
|Alabama State Senate District 21
| Succeeded by|
|Alabama House District 62
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|