|Delaware State Senate District 20|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 10, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Minority Whip, Delaware State House of Representatives|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Delaware House of Representatives District 38|
|Bachelor's||University of Delaware|
|Birthday||January 9, 1948|
|Place of birth||Lewes, DE|
Hocker owns G and E, Inc. and Hocker's Super Center.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hocker served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Administrative Services/Elections|
|• Labor & Industrial Relations|
|• Natural Resources & Environmental Control|
|• Small Business|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Hocker served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Gaming & Parimutuels|
|• House Administration|
|• House Rules|
|• Legislative Council|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Hocker served on these committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Capital Infrastructure|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Gaming & Parimutuels|
|• Housing & Community Affairs|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Revenue & Finance|
Hocker's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 97 - "excludes from income taxes pensions received from the United States, including military retirement income, up to a maximum of $37,500.00 less any Social Security benefits paid by the United States in the taxable year."
- HB 178 - "amends the municipal charter of the Town of Bethany Beach regarding penalties that may be imposed for violations of ordinances of the Town."
- HB 203 - "This act designates strawberries as the official State fruit."
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
Hocker ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and was challenged by Richard Eakle in the general election on November 6, 2012.
- See also: Delaware State Senate elections, 2012
|Delaware State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
| Delaware House of Representatives, District 38 |
2010 General election results
|Gerald Hocker (R)||9,371||100%|
On November 4, 2008, Hocker won re-election to the Delaware House of Representatives from Delaware's 38th District, defeating Mary Ryan (D). Hocker received 9,769 votes in the election while Ryan received 3,784 votes. Hocker raised $43,280 for his campaign; Ryan raised $27,032.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 38|
|Gerald Hocker (R)||9,769||72.1%|
|Mary Ryan (D)||3,784||27.9%|
Comprehensive donor information for Hocker is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Hocker raised a total of $91,908 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 18, 2013.
|Gerald Hocker's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State Senate, District 20||$27,708|
|2010||Delaware State House, District 38||$20,920|
|2008||Delaware State House, District 38||$43,280|
|Grand Total Raised||$91,908|
2012Hocker won re-election to the Delaware State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Hocker raised a total of $27,708.
|Delaware State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gerald Hocker's campaign in 2012|
|National Federation Of Independent Business||$600|
|Clarksville Auto Service Center Dba Goodyear||$600|
|Tunnell III, Robert W||$600|
|Strine, Derek A||$600|
|Sussex County Republican Womens Club||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,708|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Hocker raised $20,920 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Below are Hocker's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|DE Chiropractic Society||$650|
|Bayshore Plaza II||$600|
|Preston & Debra Dyer||$600|
|DE Assoc of Realtors||$600|
Hocker serves on the Board of Directors of the Baltimore Trust Company and is the founder of Springtime Jamboree. He is also a member of the Better Business Bureau, Federation of Independent Business and Millville Fire Company.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Gerald + Hocker + Delaware + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official website
- Delaware House of Representatives - Rep. Gerald Hocker
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- State Surge profile - legislative and voting track record
- Cape Gazette "Hocker to run for Senate seat," April 23, 2012
- Delaware State Board of Elections "Candidate List" Accessed July 13, 2012
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2010 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Delaware Elections Division, "Official 2008 Election results," accessed March 20, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Campaign contributions," accessed March 20, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Hocker, Gerald," accessed September 18, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow The Money, "2008 Campaign contributions," accessed March 20, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 20, 2014
George Bunting (D)
|Delaware State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|
|Delaware House District 38
| Succeeded by|
Ronald E. Gray (R)