|South Carolina State Senate District 29|
|November 12, 2012|
|Years in position||11|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|J.D.||University of South Carolina, 1988|
|Birthday||October 26, 1961|
|Place of birth||Chesterfield County, SC|
Malloy joined the South Carolina State Senate in 2002. He has served in that position since, representing the 29th district.
Malloy is a Player Representative for the National Football Association and the National Basketball Association. He is currently an attorney.
Malloy earned his BS from the University of South Carolina in 1984. He then earned his JD in 1988.
The South Carolina Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault (SCCADVASA) named Malloy as its “Legislator of the Year” on February 10, 2010. Serving as Chair of South Carolina’s Sentencing Reform Commission, Malloy has pushed for reforms to help victims of sexual assault and domestic violence, including DNA Fingerprinting and the Reduction of Recidivism Act.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Malloy has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Education Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Invitations Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Rules Committee, South Carolina State Senate
- Transportation Committee, South Carolina State Senate
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Malloy served on the following committees:
- Banking and Insurance Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Education Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Invitations Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Judiciary Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Rules Committee, South Carolina Senate
- Transportation Committee, South Carolina Senate
Malloy is unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 12.
He raised $156,243 for his campaign.
|South Carolina State Senate, District 29|
|Gerald Malloy (D)||26,257|
Malloy raised $156,243 in the 2008 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina||$1,500|
|Savage & Savage||$1,250|
Malloy and his wife Davita have four children.
- Profile from the South Carolina Legislature
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- ↑ SC Now, "Sen. Gerald Malloy named as “Legislator of the Year"," February 8, 2010
- ↑ South Carolina State Election Commission "2012 Candidates," Accessed April 26, 2012
- ↑ South Carolina official election results for 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money's report on Scott's 2008 campaign contributions
- ↑ Campaign contributors to Gerald Malloy
|South Carolina State Senate - District 29
| Succeeded by|