Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Texas House of Representatives, District 144|
|Date of birth||05/27/1949|
|Place of birth||Galveston, TX|
Pena earned his B.A. in Political Science from Texas Southern University.
Pena's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I know the citizens of District 144 and how their lives are greatly impacted by the high cost of gasoline. You can count on me to work on solutions that will bring that cost down to a more affordable level."
- Excerpt:"I have had enough of Legislators wasting constituents’ hard-earned tax dollars. I will fight to cut wasteful government spending and will always vote to keep your taxes low."
- Excerpt:"I will fight for the rights of unborn children without fail. As a parent of a severely disabled child, the thought of not having the child never crossed my mind. You can count on me to be your pro-life vote, and expect me to stand up and be heard on the sanctity of this delicate issue."
- Excerpt:"I believe that you have the right to personal protection and for that reason, I will always be a second amendment activist."
- Excerpt:"Finding solutions to fund Schools and protecting the tax payers from higher taxes will be a priority."
|Texas House of Representatives District 144 Republican Primary, 2012|
Pena lost election to Texas House of Representatives District 143. He was unopposed in the March 2 Republican primary and was defeated by incumbent Democratic candidate Ana Hernandez in the November 2 general election.
| Texas House of Representatives, District 143 |
2010 General election results
|Ana Hernandez (D)||7,409||68.30%|
|Gilbert Pena (R)||3,438||31.697%|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Gilbert + Pena + Texas + House of Representatives"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Texas House GOP YouTube Channel
- Official Campaign Contributions
- Contributions, Follow the Money
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Texas Tribune Profile
- Imagine Election Profile
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |