|New Jersey General Assembly District 5|
|2006 - Present|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 5, 2013|
|Appointed||January 25, 2010|
|Council Member, City of Camden|
|Associate's||Camden County College|
|Place of birth||Camden, NJ|
Wilson served on the Camden City Council from 2005-2010 and 1997-2001. He was a Sergeant in the U.S. Air Force from 1965-69.
In an interview with the Gloucester County Times, Gilbert listed his top priorities:
- "New Jersey’s unemployment rate is 9.4 percent, our residents are paying the highest property taxes in the nation, and throughout our region families are struggling to make ends meet. With that said, my top three priorities are attracting good paying jobs to our region, ensuring that our residents keep more of what they earn, and providing the police and fire services that will keep them safe in their homes and communities." 
(For responses from all the candidates, see the full story here.)
Wilson ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 5. Wilson is bracketed with Angel Fuentes in the June 4 Democratic primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
Wilson won re-election in 2011. He and incumbent Angel Fuentes ran unopposed in the Democratic Primary on June 7. They then defeated Terrell Ratliff (R) and William Levins (R) in the November 8 general election.
In 2011, Wilson received $155,986 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New Jersey General Assembly 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Gilbert Wilson's campaign in 2011|
|Election Fund Of Donald Norcross For Senate||$51,216|
|Electrical Workers Local 351||$16,400|
|New Jersey State Laborers||$8,200|
|Remington & Vernick Engineers||$4,600|
|Total Raised in 2011||$155,986|
|Total Votes received in 2011||17,691|
|Cost of each vote received||$8.82|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Gilbert + Wilson + New Jersey + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJSpotlight, "Candidates: Legislative District 5," November 4, 2011
- NJSpotlight, "Legislative District 5," October 18, 2011
- NJ.com, "NJ's Fifth Legislative District candidates for Senate and Assembly pinpoint pressing state matters," October 11, 2011 (Interview)
- Official 2011 Wilson/Fuentes campaign website
- NJ General Assembly - Gilbert Wilson
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign contributions: 2011
- Courier Post Online, "Wilson takes oath as N.J. assemblyman," January 26, 2010
- NJ.com, "NJ's Fifth Legislative District candidates for Senate and Assembly pinpoint pressing state matters," October 11, 2011
- New Jersey Department of State, 2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
|New Jersey Assembly District 5
| Succeeded by|
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |