- Bachelor's degree, Southern Methodist University (1989)
- Juris Doctorate degree, Washington and Lee University School of Law (1992)
Perkins has been practicing law in Birmingham since 1992. From 1999 until 2008, he worked for Miller, Hamilton, Snider & Odom LLC, a Mobile-based corporate and securities law firm, before establishing his own private practice, Perkins Group, LLC.
The Alabama attorney served as campaign manager for Richard Arrington, Jr., the first black mayor of Birmingham, during his 1995 re-election campaign. He later served as head of the state Democratic Party from 1997 until 1999.
- President, Friends of the Railroad District (1995)
- Member, Board of Directors for Birmingham Zoo Inc.
- See also: Alabama Attorney General election, 2010
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Democratic Primary |
|Democratic Party||James Anderson||49.6% |
|Democratic Party||Giles Perkins||31.1%|
|Democratic Party||Michel Nicrosi||19.3%|
|2010 Race for Attorney General - Democratic Primary Run-off |
|Democratic Party||James Anderson||60.0%|
|Democratic Party||Giles Perkins||40.0%|
Perkins currently resides in Birmingham, Alabama with his wife, Hillery, and their three children - Barton, Hugh, and Beverly.
Giles Perkins for Attorney General Campaign
PO Box 1536 Birmingham, AL 35201
Phone: (205) 327-8188
- Giles Perkins for Attorney General Campaign website
- Giles Perkins's Facebook profile
- Giles Perkins's Twitter account
- Project Vote Smart - Giles Perkins biography
- Alabama Live "Birmingham attorney Giles Perkins says he's running for state attorney general" 21 Oct. 2009
- Alabama Secretary of State - 2010 Democratic Primary Election Results
- Even though James Anderson received the most votes, he failed to receive over fifty percent of those votes required by Alabama state law. A run-off election between the top two vote recipients, therefore, was required to decide who went on to the general election.
- Alabama Secretary of State - 2010 Democratic Primary Run-off Election Results