|Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency|
|Elections and appointments|
|Nominated||March 4, 2013|
|Confirmed||July 18, 2013|
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Assistant administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Air and Radiation|
|Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection|
|Deputy secretary of operations for the Massachusetts Office of Commonwealth Development|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts at Boston|
|Place of birth||Dorchester, Massachusetts|
She previously served as the assistant administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Air and Radiation.
McCarthy was born in Dorchester, Massachusetts and served under five Massachusetts governors in her political career. She graduated from the University of Massachusetts at Boston before earning her Master's degree at Tufts University.
Below is an abbreviated outline of McCarthy's academic, professional and political career:
- 1999-2003: Assistant secretary of pollution prevention, environmental business and technology for the state of Massachusetts
- 2003-2004: Deputy secretary of operations for the Massachusetts Office of Commonwealth Development
- 2004-2009: Commissioner of the Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection
- 2009-2013: Assistant administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency Office of Air and Radiation
- 2013-Present: Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Gina + McCarthy + Administrator + EPA
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Lisa P. Jackson
|Administrator of the E.P.A.
| Succeeded by|