Glenn Anderson, Michigan Senator
|U.S. House, Michigan, District 13|
Anderson is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Michigan's 13th District. He faces incumbent John Conyers, Jr., Shanelle Jackson, Bert Johnson, and John Goci in the Democratic primary. Harry T. Sawicki is running as the Republican candidate.
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2010
Anderson won re-election to the 6th District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. He defeated Republican John Pastor in the November 2 general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 6 General election (2010)|
|Glenn Anderson (D)||46,471|
|John Pastor (R)||37,001|
Anderson raised $754,531 for his campaign.
|Michigan State Senate, District 6|
|Glenn Anderson (D)||52,500|
|Laura Toy (R)||47,596|
State legislature committee assignments
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Anderson has been appointed to these committees:
- Appropriations, Vice Chair
- Fiscal Agency Board of Governors
- Subcommittee on Capital Outlay
- Subcommittee on Community Colleges, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on Transportation
- Subcommittee on the Department of Corrections, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Anderson served on these committees:
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Glenn Anderson received a 14% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Glenn is married to Gail Anderson. They have two children and reside in Westland, Michigan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Glenn + Anderson + Michigan + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senator Anderson's campaign website
- Official Michigan State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart summary
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Voting record from Michigan Votes
- Senator Anderson's campaign facebook
- Senator Anderson's campaign twitter
- Anderson's campaign flickr
- Michigan Senate Democrats facebook