Glenn Davis (Virginia)
|Virginia House of Delegates, District 84|
|High school||Green Run High School|
Davis graduated from Green Run High School. He started his own telecommunications management firm in 1999, merging with another company to create Comverge, Inc. in 2002. His business acquired the national IT company Geeks on Call. Davis has also worked to mentor and consult other businesses.
Davis was elected to the Virginia Beach City Council in 2008.
Davis’s website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Virginia Job Creation
- Excerpt: "In the House of Delegates, Glenn Davis will continue to help small businesses succeed by limiting regulations, making it easier to expand and hire while attracting new businesses to relocate here. Today, investing in new business technology means higher annual property taxes for a business. Glenn Davis believes that encouraging businesses to reinvest in technology will increase their productivity and lead to a more skilled workforce trained on the newest technology. By making a property tax category specific to technology equipment and allowing cities and counties the option to exempt business property taxes on that equipment, we will attract higher paying jobs and make Virginian’s the most skilled workforce in the country."
- Energy Independence
- Excerpt: "Glenn Davis supports environmentally responsible exploration and drilling for oil and natural gas as well as expanding our capacity for nuclear power in Virginia."
- 21st Century Education
- Excerpt: "Glenn knows that education funding can get lost in bureaucratic budgets and red tape. Glenn’s focus is on making sure education dollars reach the teachers and classrooms where it can make a difference. Glenn supports the idea that Virginia classrooms be the focus of education investment. Glenn also supports using the communication tools of the 21st century to help make learning more effective."
- Protecting the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "While recent events are tragic, our response should not be an all-out attack on the Second Amendment, but rather a focused effort on changes that would actually prevent events like those from happening again."
- Life & Family
- Excerpt: "Glenn recognizes that good and reasonable people may disagree on this issue, but he believes in the sanctity of human life. More importantly, Glenn believes that we should make more easily available the ability for a woman to place a child into a warm, loving home with parents that have been looking to welcome a baby into their family. By making the adoption process more streamlined, women can be more confident that their babies will not end up lost, growing up inside a governmental system, but rather in a loving home, allowing not only their child to live their dreams, but also allowing loving couples to reach theirs."
Glenn Davis speaking at a campaign event
- Virginia Beach Police Supervisors’ Association
- Virginia Beach Firefighter’s Union
- Virginia Beach Mayor Will Sessoms
- Lieutenant Governor Bill Bolling
- Delegate Barry Knight
Davis and his wife, Chelle, live in Virginia Beach, VA.
- Virginian News Source, "Converations with the Candidates," September 24, 2008
- Inside Business, "Davis running for House seat," March 5, 2013
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Glenn + Davis + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Candidate Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "2013 Official Candidates List for House of Delegates by District", Accessed July 11, 2013
- Glenn Davis, "About Glenn," accessed September 18, 2013
- Glenn Davis, "Issues," accessed September 18, 2013
- Glenn Davis, "Endorsements and Testimonials," accessed September 18, 2013
- Project Vote Smart, "Glenn Davis - Biography," accessed September 9, 2013
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |