For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 94|
|2002 - August 31, 2011|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Bachelor's||Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1980|
|Date of birth||04/24/1957|
|Place of birth||Newport News, VA|
Oder's professional experience includes working as a landscape architect. He has previously served as Deputy Director for the Department of Housing and Community Development and Vice President for Development, Harrison & Lear, Incorporated.
Oder earned his B.L.A from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University in 1980 and is a graduate of Peninsula Leadership Institute.
- Transportation (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee #2
- Subcommittee #4
- General Laws
- FOIA/Procurement Subcommittee
- Housing Subcommittee (Chair)
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- Subcommittee #2
In 2009, Odor was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 94 (2009)|
|Glenn Oder (R)||11,740|
|Gary West (D)||5,594|
- Supporting People Through Hard Times
Excerpt: "Getting our economy moving again through private sector job creation is vitally important. During my terms as Delegate, Virginia was recognized as the “Best State for Business.” I’ve defended our right to work laws while supporting legislation to extend unemployment benefits from 26 weeks to 59 weeks through $62.5 million in “no strings attached” federal funding."
- Transportation Improvements Without Higher Taxes
Excerpt: "As your Delegate, I understand that getting our economy moving involves getting traffic moving and we should use the future growth of our regional economy to help fund those expansions. I have sponsored key legislation that will pay for better roads, and these proposals have been adopted by Bob McDonnell in his comprehensive transportation plan as he runs for Governor."
Excerpt: "Making sure quality, affordable health care is accessible is a key concern of mine. I have supported legislation that promotes choice and efficiency in health care while protecting the quality of care citizens expect and deserve."
- Closing Loopholes for Payday Lenders
Excerpt: "This is the fourth year in a row that I have stood up to fight against predatory payday lenders. The 2008 Payday Loan Act, HB 12 which I patroned, enacted strong restrictions on payday loans to eliminate rollover loans and multiple loans that were snowballing people into an inescapable cycle of debt."
Excerpt: "I support an “all of the above” strategy that encourages conservation while making full use of solar, nuclear, biofuels, and the exploration and use of offshore sources of natural gas and oil, all of which can develop significant jobs for our area."
- HB 1579 Transportation funding, etc; certain revenues attributable to economic growth in Hampton Roads, etc.
- HB 2077 Land use actions; extension of approvals to address housing crisis.
- HB 2597 Alcoholic beverage control; ABC Board to adopt regulation that require off-premise retail licensees.
Delegate Oder discussing issues
The top 5 donors to Oder's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$24,256|
|Consumer Litigation Associates PC||$5,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$4,500|
|Virginia Dental Association||$4,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Virginia||$4,000|
Oder and his wife, Mary, have three children.
- Glenn Oder's campaign website
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- bearingdrift.com Del. Glenn Oder to resign from House of Delegates … appointed Executive Director of Fort Monroe Authority, August 9, 2011
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Oder
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |