Goddard Clausen Strategic Advocacy
Ballot measure campaigns
- California Proposition 11 (2008). Goddard Clausen worked on the winning side.
- Maine Repeal Dirigo Tax Referendum (2008). Goddard Clausen worked on the winning side.
"Harry and Louise"
Goddard Clausen is responsible for the famous "Harry and Louise" television ad. On their website, Goddard Clausen describes its role in the "Harry and Louise" ad as "National advocacy advertising didn't just happen. It was invented. And we invented it in the early ‘90's with the fictional couple – “Harry and Louise” – created to give a clear, unified voice to those who opposed President Clinton's sweeping health care proposal. The unique campaign, managed by Goddard Claussen, caught the attention of the media, the White House and the American people. A year later, “Harry and Louise” earned a spot on Advertising Age's prestigious “Marketing 100” and was named the Best Public Policy Campaign by the American Association of Political Consultants. It's widely credited as being the key factor in defeating the Clinton Health Plan."
- Goddard Clausen website
- Expenditure details for "Yes on Proposition 17" campaign
- Goddard Clausen ballot measure portfolio
- Goddard Clausen portfolio