Difference between revisions of "Greg Adams"
(updated term ends)
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
Revision as of 17:37, 24 September 2011
|Nebraska State Senate District 24|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 7, 2015
|Profession||Teacher / Senator|
Born February 6, 1952 in Columbus, Nebraska, Greg Adams is a high school teacher from York, Nebraska. Prior to be elected to the Nebraska Legislature, Senator Adams was a member of the York City Council, and served as Mayor of York.
Adams earned both his Bachelors degree in education and his MEd from Wayne State College in 1974 and 1975 respectively.
Adams has taught American Government and Economics as a high school teacher for York Public Schools since 1976.
Adams began his political experience in 1986 on the York City Council and left on 1996, when he became mayor of York, Nebraska. In 2006, he became a senator on the Nebraska State Legislature and currently serves in that regard in addition to his position as mayor.
Adams is currently involved with the Nebraska State Education Association and was previously involved with the Nebraska League of Municipalities and Nebraska Council of Social Studies Teachers.
Adams previously served on the Nebraska League of Municipalities Legislative Committee and the Nebraska Information Technology Commission.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Adams has been appointed to these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Adams served on these committees:
- See also: Nebraska State Senate elections, 2010
Adams ran for re-election to the 24th District Seat in 2010. He was unopposed. The general election was held on November 2, 2010.
|Nebraska State Senate, District 24 (2006)|
In 2010, a year in which Adams was up for re-election, he collected $26,039 in donations.
Listed below are the four largest contributors to Adams's 2010 campaign.
|Kopsa-Otte & Associates||$3,453|
|Nebraska Association Of Insurance & Financial Advisors||$2,000|
|Nebraska Bankers Association||$1,500|
In 2008, a year he was not up for re-election, Adams collected $19,546 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Nebraska State Education Association||$2,600|
|Union Pacific Railroad||$1,000|
|Check Into Cash||$500|
|Associated General Contractors of Nebraska||$500|
Sen. Greg Adams
P.O. Box 94604
Lincoln, NE 68509
Phone: (402) 471-2756
Adams and his wife, Julie, have three children.
- Greg Adams personal website
- Greg Adams official Nebraska State legislature website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Unicameral Update, From the classroom to the Capitol, Adams makes the Grade, January 26, 2008
- Nebraska Secretary of State - 2010 General Election Results
- Nebraska Secretary of State - 2006 General Election Results
- www.1011now.com Sen. Deb Fischer Announces Endorsements from 13 Neb. State Senators, September 21, 2011
- 2010 campaign contributions
- 2008 contributions to Greg Adams
|Nebraska State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|