|Colorado State Senate, District 1|
|2005 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||10|
|Base salary||$30,000 per year|
|Per diem||$45/$99 per day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||8 years|
|Bachelor's||Colorado State University|
|Date of birth||09/06/1966|
|Place of birth||Holyoke, CO|
Brophy served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 2002 to 2005.
He earned his BS in Animal Sciences from Colorado State University in 1988.
Brophy was Operations Manager for Progressive Agricultural Management, Incorporated from 1989 to 2000. He then worked as Area Representative for United States Senator Wayne Allard from 2000 to 2002. He has been Owner/Operator of Greg Brophy Farm since 1992.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Brophy has been appointed to these committees:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources, and Energy Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Congressional Redistricting
- Finance Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Legal Services Committee, Colorado General Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Brophy served on these committees:
- Agriculture, Natural Resources & Energy Committee, Colorado Senate
- Finance Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Brophy sought re-election to the 1st District seat in 2010. He was uncontested in the primary election. He then defeated challenger Michael A. Bowman in the November 2 general election.
|Colorado State Senate, District 1 General election (2010)|
|Greg Brophy (R)||34,632|
|Michael A. Bowman (D)||10,080|
Brophy raised $45,452 for his campaign, while Bowen raised $3,905.
|Colorado State Senate, District 1 (2006)|
|Greg Brophy (R)||29,505|
|James Bowen (D)||11,833|
In 2010, Brophy raised $50,178 in contributions. 
His largest contributor was the Copic Insurance Small Donor Committee, which donated $4,000 to his campaign.
In 2006, Brophy collected $45,452 in donations.
His two largest contributors in 2006 were:
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Greg + Brophy + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Brophy and his wife, Angela, have three children.
- Sen. Brophy's personal website
- Official Colorado State Senate website of Senator Greg Brophy
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Greg Brophy
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2002
- Greg Brophy's blog
- Greg Brophy on Twitter
|Colorado State Senate - District 1
| Succeeded by|