|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||October 11, 2011|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate District 43|
|2011 - 2012|
He is a former Republican member of the Oklahoma State Senate, representing District 43 from 2011 to 2012. Childers was first elected in the October 11, 2011, special election for District 43. The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Jim Reynolds (R) resigned his seat on July 1, 2011, after being elected Cleveland County treasurer.
- See also: Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Oklahoma State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 11, 2014. Jack Fry defeated Greg Childers in the Republican primary, while Hiawatha N. Bouldin, Jr. was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Charles Thompson ran as an Independent candidate. Fry defeated Bouldin and Thompson in the general election.
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42 General Election, 2014|
|Oklahoma State Senate, District 42 Republican Primary, 2014|
District 43 was moved as part of 2010 Census redistricting. Meador stated that, if elected, he would not seek re-election in 2012. Childers said he would move if elected, though he did not run in 2012. To establish residency in the new district, they needed to move by October 10, 2011.
- NewsOK, "Moderate turnout expected in Oklahoma special election for Senate District 43," October 11, 2011
- 23rd and Lincoln, "Winner of Tuesday special election to represent Senate District 43 (however briefly)," October 10th, 2011
- NewsOK, "Childers wins special state Senate GOP primary," August 10, 2011
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Greg + Childers + Oklahoma + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oklahoma State Senate
- Oklahoma State Legislature
- Oklahoma State Senate elections, 2014
- Oklahoma State Senate District 42
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Candidates for State Elective Officials 2014," accessed April 15, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official Results Statewide Primary Election — June 24, 2014," accessed July 10, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board, "Official General Election Results, Federal, State, Legislative and Judicial Races — November 4, 2014," accessed November 5, 2014
- OK Election Board, Special Election for State Senator, District 43
- NewsOK, "Republican wins special Senate race," October 11, 2011
- NewsOK, "Moving decision faces candidates in special Oklahoma Senate race," August 27, 2011
- 23 and Lincoln, "Childers, Meador to square off in Senate District 43 special election," October 5, 2011
- Newt Gingrich 2012, "Newt 2012 Adds to “All-Star” Oklahoma Team," February 29, 2012
|Oklahoma State Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|
Corey Brooks (R)