|Minnesota State Senate District 57|
|January 8, 2013 - present|
|January 3, 2017|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Master's||University of St. Thomas|
Clausen's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Public Service, Leadership
- Excerpt:"Greg has spent his entire life as an educator working to build a better tomorrow for future generations of Minnesotans. He will bring this same vision, public service, work ethic and leadership to the State Senate."
- Excerpt:"Greg understands the need to support a strong economic infrastructure. Business incentives are needed that will keep jobs in Minnesota, provide training programs and hire veterans. Encouraging scientific innovation, research and development will evolve into new business opportunities that will create jobs for Minnesotans."
- Excerpt:"e need to identify and set priorities on what are the values and initiatives which will move Minnesota forward. Equitable and fair solutions need to be found to reduce the tax burden on home and property owners."
Energy and Environment
- Excerpt:"Education is a needed investment in Minnesota’s infrastructure if we are to compete in the global marketplace. Investing in Early Childhood Parenting Education, all-day/every-day kindergarten, lower class sizes and incentives to increase parent and community involvement are steps toward close the achievement gap."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Clausen served on the following committees:
|Minnesota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Higher Education and Workforce Development, Vice-chair|
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Clausen won election in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 57. He defeated Mike Germain in the Democratic primary on August 14 and defeated Pat Hall (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 57, General Election, 2012|
|Minnesota State Senate, District 57 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Clausen and his wife Bobbie have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Greg + Clausen + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Katie Sieben (DFL)
|Minnesota State Senate District 57
| Succeeded by|