|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 83|
|2000 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||15|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|First elected||November 2, 1999|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Bachelor's||University of Alabama, 1976|
|J.D.||Vanderbilt University, 1979|
|Date of birth||May 30, 1954|
Snowden earned his B.A. in History from the University of Alabama and J.D. from Vanderbilt University.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Snowden served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Compilation, Revision and Publication|
|• Judiciary B|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Legislative Budget|
|• Management, Chair|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Snowden served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Judiciary A|
|• Judiciary En Banc|
|• Public Health and Human Services|
|• State Library|
Elections for the office of Mississippi House of Representatives will take place in 2015. A primary election will be held on August 4, 2015, and the general election November 3, 2015. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 27, 2015.
On November 8, 2011, Snowden won re-election to District 83 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and defeated Democrat Gary Houston in the November 8 general election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 83 General Election, 2011|
|Republican||Elton Gregory Snowden Incumbent||41.7%||2,379|
On November 6, 2007, Snowden was re-elected in District 83, running unopposed.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 83 (2007)|
|Elton Gregory Snowden (R)||3,880||100.00%|
In 2011, Snowden received $43,640 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Mississippi House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Greg Snowden's campaign in 2011|
|Mississippi House Republican Conference||$4,000|
|Mississippi Association Of Realtors||$2,000|
|Mississippi Dental Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$43,640|
|Total Votes received in 2011||2,969|
|Cost of each vote received||$14.7|
In 2007, Snowden collected $8,700 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi Medical Association||$1,000|
|Gulf States Toyota||$1,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Mississippi||$500|
|Entertainment Software Association||$500|
Snowden is married and has two children. He has been a member of the Downtown Meridian Optimist Club, East Mississippi Business Development Corporation, First Baptist Church, Florida Bar, Meridian Little Theatre, Mississippi Bar, Phi Beta Kappa Alpha of Alabama and the Vanderbilt University Alumni Association.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Greg + Snowden + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 1999
- Project Vote Smart, "Elton Gregory Snowden's Biography," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2015 Elections Calendar," accessed December 2, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Primary Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "Official 2011 General Election Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Snowden, Greg," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mitt Romney for President, "Mitt Romney Announces Support of Mississippi Lt. Governor Reeves and Other Leaders," January 20, 2012 (Archived)
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 83
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |