Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama State Senate, District 13|
Varner earned his degree from Georgia Tech, studying economics, international policy, and city planning. He then received his J.D. from Regent University School of Law in Virginia. Varner opened a law firm in Ashland in 2000 and has worked in that position since. 
Varner's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Create Local Jobs
- Excerpt: "Small businesses and their success must become our focus in order to create more skilled job opportunities."
- A Pro-Life, Pro-Family Democrat
- Excerpt: "I am committed to the causes dear to many of you: protection of the unborn, preservation of traditional marriage, the safeguarding of religious liberty, and conservation of the Second Amendment. "
- A New Vision for Alabama
- Excerpt: "Our responsibility to future generations has been sacrificed and we all sense a disconnection between what we believe and the policies that rule our lives... I feel within my heart a burning desire to make that difference, to be the voice of reason, to fight for the ideals that made this country great."
- Revitalize Family Farms
- Excerpt: "If we lose our ability to feed ourselves, we will not only become held hostage by global food prices, but we also become entangled in foreign government interests and agendas."
- Protecting the Family
- Excerpt: "A stable, healthy family represents the best way to grow a country and maintain a prosperous economy."
- Rebuild Wealth of Working People
- Excerpt: "I believe we can create an environment where the entrepreneurial spirit of the poor, working, and middle classes can thrive. I believe we must provide everyone an opportunity to prosper, not just those “too big to fail.”"
- Demand World Class Schools
- Excerpt: "Our children are our future; we must invest in their foundation and build a legacy for our grandchildren. This is our duty as parents and grandparents."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
|Alabama State Senate, District 13 General election (2010)|
|Gerald Dial (R)||18,800|
|Greg Varner (D)||18,443|
|Alabama State Senate, District 13 Democratic Primary (2010)|
|Greg Varner (D)||6,487|
|Russell Emrick (D)||2,363|
Varner and his wife, Kelly, have three daughters. 
- Greg Varner's campaign website
- List of Democratic candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Greg Varner on Facebook
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical