Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama State Senate, District 13|
was a Democratic
candidate for District 13
of the Alabama State Senate
. The primary election
was on June 1, 2010, and the general election was on November 2, 2010
Varner earned his degree from Georgia Tech, studying economics, international policy, and city planning. He then received his J.D. from Regent University School of Law in Virginia. Varner opened a law firm in Ashland in 2000 and has worked in that position since. 
Varner's website highlighted the following campaign issues:
- Excerpt: "Small businesses and their success must become our focus in order to create more skilled job opportunities."
- A Pro-Life, Pro-Family Democrat
- Excerpt: "I am committed to the causes dear to many of you: protection of the unborn, preservation of traditional marriage, the safeguarding of religious liberty, and conservation of the Second Amendment. "
- Excerpt: "Our responsibility to future generations has been sacrificed and we all sense a disconnection between what we believe and the policies that rule our lives... I feel within my heart a burning desire to make that difference, to be the voice of reason, to fight for the ideals that made this country great."
- Excerpt: "If we lose our ability to feed ourselves, we will not only become held hostage by global food prices, but we also become entangled in foreign government interests and agendas."
- Excerpt: "A stable, healthy family represents the best way to grow a country and maintain a prosperous economy."
- Rebuild Wealth of Working People
- Excerpt: "I believe we can create an environment where the entrepreneurial spirit of the poor, working, and middle classes can thrive. I believe we must provide everyone an opportunity to prosper, not just those “too big to fail.”"
- Demand World Class Schools
- Excerpt: "Our children are our future; we must invest in their foundation and build a legacy for our grandchildren. This is our duty as parents and grandparents."
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Varner defeated opponent Russell Emrick in the June 1 primary. He was defeated by Gerald Dial in the general election.
| Alabama State Senate, District 13 General election (2010)
| Gerald Dial (R)
| Greg Varner (D)
| Alabama State Senate, District 13 Democratic Primary (2010)
| Greg Varner (D)
| Russell Emrick (D)
Varner and his wife, Kelly, have three daughters.