|Montana State Senate District 4|
| Term in office began|
2003 (District 39), 2007 (District 4)
| Term in office ended|
Barkus earned his BS from the University of Montana in 1969.
Barkus was a Welder for Great Northern Railroad from 1963 to 1966. He worked for the Bank of Montana System from 1969 to 1971. He became Vice President of the Bank of Montana System in 1971 and worked in that position until 1975. He worked as President of the Bank of Montana System from 1979 to 1981. He has been Senior Vice President of DA Davidson and Company since 1981.
Barkus was elected to the Montana State Senate in 2002 and has served in that position since. He is currently a Majority Whip.
- Business, Labor, and Economic Affairs Committee, Montana Senate
- Finance and Claims Committee, Montana Senate
- Fish and Game Committee, Montana Senate
- Local Government Committee, Montana Senate
- Rules Committee, Montana Senate
|Montana State Senate, District 4 (2006)|
|Gregory Barkus (R)||4,113|
|Gerald Reckin (D)||2,481|
In 2006, Barkus collected $22,100 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Flathead Republican Central Cmte||$500|
|Flathead Republican Womens Club||$500|
|Pondera County Republican Central Committee||$150|
Barkus and his wife, Kathy, have three children.
- Gregory Barkus official Montana State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|Montana Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|