New York State Assembly, District 116
Johnson is a Marcy Town Councilman and Captain with US Airways.
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
On his campaign site, Johnson outlines his campaign themes:
- Job Creation: "Greg has a REAL plan to protect the jobs we have and create new jobs through developing Griffiss International Airport... The recent merger of Southwest Airlines and Air Tran presents an interesting opportunity for the area. Air Tran had a hub in Dayton, Ohio and Southwest is incorporating this hub into their system. With local population of over 250,000 people, six colleges and a strong foundation of local businesses, the addition of a terminal building will make the Mohawk Valley an attractive destination for air travel."
- Taxes: "Greg Johnson has not only never raised taxes, but as a Marcy Town Councilman, he voted to reduce taxes more than 5% over the last two years... Greg will NEVER vote to increase your taxes... Passing a property tax cap in New York was a good start, but we need to do more. He will work and advocate for a middle class property tax and income tax reduction."
- Spending: "Greg...believes that our state has a spending problem and that must be fixed immediately. He will fight to enact a cap on state spending to stop Albany’s out of control government spending."
- Tax/mandate reform: "He also favors and will work to reform New York’s tax code to make it simpler and fairer; remove the unnecessary barriers to stimulate private sector job growth; and last, but certainly not least…. Put an end to unfunded mandates."
Debate, 2011 special election
New York radio station, WIBX, hosted a debate between the District 116 special election candidates. Audio of the debate can be found here.
League of Women Voters Forum
The Utica/Rome Metro Area League of Women Voters will host a candidate forum on September 8 at Mohawk Valley Community College. Details can be found here.
PO. Box 498
Utica, NY 13503
Campaign HQ Address:
101 Main St
Whitesboro, NY 13492
- Gregory Johnson, Campaign site
- Gregory Johnson, Facebook site
- Gregory Johnson, YouTube channel
- Gregory Johnson, Twitter feed
- Official Project Vote Smart Biography
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Republicans choose Greg Johnson to run for Assembly seat," April 26, 2011
- YNN, "Job creation top issue for 116th District Assembly candidates," August 22, 2011
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "2 fight for the 116th Assembly District seat," August 22, 2011
- Utica Observer-Dispatch, "Door-to-door: 116th Assembly candidates hit the streets," August 20, 2011