Griggs County Commission recall, North Dakota (2013)
A vote about whether to recall the Griggs County Commission from their positions in Griggs County, North Dakota is scheduled for October 8. The commission has five members: Ronnie Edland, Dennis Halvorson, Ron Halvorson, Robert Johnson, and Keith Monson.
Reasons for recall
In May 2013 the Griggs County Commission approved a multimillion dollar renovation of a 130-year old court house that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. However, in September 2011, June 2012 and January 2013, Griggs residences had turned down similar renovation proposals in ballot measures. County residence were angered that the Commission for approving the renovation.
Path to the ballot
- See also: Laws governing recall in North Dakota
- The Jamestown Sun, "Griggs County commissioners face recall election," July 04, 2013
- Griggs County North Dakota, "Commission," Accessed: July 30, 2013
- Crookston Times, "Griggs County Courthouse plans spark backlash," May 13, 2013
- kvrr.com, "Petition to Remove Commissioners Presented in Griggs County," June 14, 2013
State of North Dakota
List of North Dakota ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Director of Game and Fish | Commissioner of Labor | Public Service Commission |