Difference between revisions of "Guillermo Linares"
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
Revision as of 15:34, 15 August 2014
|New York State Assembly, District 72|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|New York State Assembly, District 72|
|2011 - 2013|
|Bachelor's||City College New York|
|Master's||City College New York|
Linares served on the New York City Council from 1992 to 2001. He later became the Commissioner of the Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs. He has worked as a school teacher and served on a local school board before being appointed by President Clinton as the chair of the White House Initiative for Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans.
Linares earned his B.S. and his M.S. from City College. He holds a professional diploma in administration and supervision from Fordham University and his doctorate in education from Teachers College, Columbia University. He is married and has two children and a granddaughter.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Linares served on the following committees:
- Energy Committee, New York State Assembly
- Higher Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Insurance Committee, New York State Assembly
- Real Property Taxation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Tourism, Parks, Arts and Sports Development Committee, New York State Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Guillermo Linares defeated Francesca Castellanos, Manny De Los Santos, Mayobanex Villalona and Melanie Hidalgo in the Democratic primary, while Ronnie Cabrera was unopposed in the Republican primary. Linares defeated Cabrera in the general election.
|New York State Assembly, District 72 General Election, 2014|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
|New York State Senate, District 31 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Adriano Espaillat Incumbent||61.7%||11,138|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Linares ran in the 2010 election for New York State Assembly District 72. He defeated four candidates in the September 14 Democratic primary. Linares went on to defeat Dan Russo (R) in the general election on November 2.
|State Assembly Democratic Primary, District 72 (2010)|
|New York State Assembly, District 72 2010|
|Guillermo Linares (D)||14,165|
|Dan Russo (R)||1,382|
In 2010, Linares received $0 in campaign donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Guillermo + Linares + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 72
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- New York Times, "NY state legislative election results," accessed February 11, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
Adriano Espaillat (D)
|New York Assembly District 72
| Succeeded by|
Gabriela Rosa (D)
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |