Guy Vander Linden
|Guy Vander Linden|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 79|
|January 10, 2011-Present|
|January 11, 2015|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Iowa|
|Master's||University of Southern California|
|Years of service||1973-2000|
|Date of birth||April 6, 1948|
|Place of birth||Oskaloosa, IA|
Vander Linden earned his B.S. from the University of Iowa and his M.S. from the University of Southern California. His professional experience includes working as the Vice President of Agusta Westland, Inc. and for the defense division of Rolls-Royce. He served in the United States Marines, reaching the rank of Brigadier General.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Linden served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• State Government, Chair|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Linden served on the following committees:
|Iowa Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Natural Resources|
|• State Government, Vice-chair|
|• Veterans Affairs, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means|
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Guy Vander Linden was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
Vander Linden ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 79. Vander Linden ran unopposed in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and defeated Chris Wilson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 79, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Guy Vander Linden Incumbent||72.1%||10,804|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 75 General Election (2010)|
|Guy Vander Linden (R)||6,015|
|Eric Palmer (D)||5,324|
Comprehensive donor information for Vander Linden is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Vander Linden raised a total of $343,113 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Guy Vander Linden's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Iowa State House, District 79||$63,530|
|2010||Iowa State House, District 75||$279,583|
|Grand Total Raised||$343,113|
2012Vander Linden won re-election to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Vander Linden raised a total of $63,530.
|Iowa House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Guy Vander Linden's campaign in 2012|
|Brownell Iii, Frank||$22,500|
|Bieri, M Jean||$5,000|
|Crookham, Joe P||$5,000|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$2,000|
|Iowa Dental Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$63,530|
|Source: Follow the Money|
In 2010, Linden raised $279,583 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Republican Party||$208,257|
|Brownell Iii, Frank||$15,000|
|Crookham, Joe P||$8,500|
|Brownell, Peter R||$7,500|
Linden has three children.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on "their records on constitutional principles and civil liberties."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "key conservative issues."
- Legislators are scored on their votes with or against SC's official position.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Guy + Linden + Iowa + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Iowa House of Representatives
- Iowa House Committees
- Iowa House of Representatives District 79
- Iowa State Legislature
- Iowa House of Representatives - Rep. Guy Vander Linden
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed December 1, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 8, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Vander Linden, Guy," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 2, 2014
Jeff Kaufmann (R)
|Iowa House of Representatives District 79
| Succeeded by|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 75
| Succeeded by|
Dawn Pettengill (R)
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |