Morgan is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor of Pharmacy at the Medical College of Virginia. He previously worked as a pharmacist/Co-Owner of Morgans Drug Store from 1960-1989, and served in the United States Navy from 1955-1957.
Morgan's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his priorities, Morgan replied:
- 1. "Geriatric and long term health care. The most rapidly growing population is the 85+ age group and baby boomers will cause an unprecedented increase in these numbers.
- 2. Waste management. Continue waste management initiatives aimed to protect the environment, including a definition of regulated medical waste.
- 3. Tourism. Support the Governor's efforts to boost tourism to move Virginia from 10th to 5th in nation in visitor spending. Specifically, revise marketing to promote nature and eco-tourism in Chesapeake Bay region (e.g. cruising, biking)."
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources (Chair)
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee on Economic Development, Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Subcommittee on Health & Human Resources
- Subcommittee on Higher Education (Chair)
- HB 1591 Ombudsman, Office of State; created.
- HB 1592 Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption for donations to out-of-state governmental entities.
- HB 2468 Marijuana; expungement of charges.
The top 5 donors to Morgan's 2007 campaign:
- 1. Epic RX/PharmPAC $3,000
- 2. VA Bankers Assoc $3,000
- 3. Verizon $3,000
- 4. Wachovia Bank $2,500
- 5. Minor III, G Gilmer $2,500
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Morgan
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Morgan
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Morgan Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money - 2007 Campaign Contributions
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |