|Virginia House of Delegates District 98|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
He won re-election unopposed in the 2009 general election.
Morgan is currently an Assistant Clinical Professor of Pharmacy at the Medical College of Virginia. He previously worked as a pharmacist/Co-Owner of Morgans Drug Store from 1960-1989, and served in the United States Navy from 1955-1957.
He was born in Gloucester, Va. on August 18, 1930. He attended primary and secondary school in Gloucester before going to Hampden-Sydney College, where he graduated with his bachelor's degree. He then attended the School of Pharmacy at the Medical College of Virginia.
Morgan's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 1999 National Political Awareness Test are available. When asked his priorities, Morgan replied:
- 1. "Geriatric and long term health care. The most rapidly growing population is the 85+ age group and baby boomers will cause an unprecedented increase in these numbers.
- 2. Waste management. Continue waste management initiatives aimed to protect the environment, including a definition of regulated medical waste.
- 3. Tourism. Support the Governor's efforts to boost tourism to move Virginia from 10th to 5th in nation in visitor spending. Specifically, revise marketing to promote nature and eco-tourism in Chesapeake Bay region (e.g. cruising, biking)."
- Agriculture, Chesapeake and Natural Resources Committee (Chair)
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee (Chair)
- Economic Development Agriculture and Natural Resources Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Higher Education Subcommittee
- Commerce and Labor
- Subcommittee #1
- Special Subcommittee on Energy
- HB 1591 Ombudsman, Office of State; created.
- HB 1592 Retail Sales and Use Tax; exemption for donations to out-of-state governmental entities.
- HB 2468 Marijuana; expungement of charges.
The top 5 donors to Morgan's 2009 campaign:
|Alpha Natural Resources||$5,500|
|G. Gilmer Minor III||$2,500|
|John M. Moore||$2,500|
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Morgan
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |