|New York State Assembly District 20|
|1989 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||25|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||New York University, 1958|
|Master's||Hofstra University, 1962|
|Place of birth||Bronx, NY|
Weisenberg's professional experiences include school administrator and teacher for East Meadow Schools, and a police officer for the City of Long Beach.
Weisenberg attended Niagara University; and earned a BS from New York University, MS from Hofstra University, and PDA from Long Island University Charles William Post Campus. He and his wife, Ellen, have five children; Julie, Russell, Gregg, Vicki, and Ricky.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Weisenberg has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Weisenberg served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2012
Weisenberg ran in the 2012 election for New York State Assembly District 20. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on September 13, 2012. He also ran on the Working Families Party and Independence Party of New York State tickets. He defeated David J. Sussman in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|New York State Assembly, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Harvey Weisenberg Incumbent||56%||21,730|
|Republican||David J. Sussman||44%||17,091|
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Weisenberg defeated Jeffrey Toback in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Joshua Wanderer (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 20 2010|
|Harvey Weisenberg (D)||20,029|
|Joshua Wanderer (R)||17,902|
On November 4, 2008 Weisenberg won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 20, defeating opponent Michael McGinty (R).
Weisenberg raised $129,131 for his campaign while McGinty raised $1,200.
|New York State Assembly, District 20 2008|
|Harvey Weisenberg (D)||34,803|
|Michael Mcginty (R)||17,435|
In 2010, Weisenberg received $149,153 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|New York State Assembly 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Harvey Weisenberg's campaign in 2010|
|Mack, David S||$11,400|
|New York State United Teachers||$7,600|
|Fire Marshall Benevolent Association Of Nassau County||$4,300|
|Damato, Alfonse M||$3,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$149,153|
In 2008, a year in which Weisenberg was up for re-election, he collected $129,131 in donations.
|New York State Laborers||$3,200|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,960|
|Fire Marshall Benevolent Association of Nassau County||$2,880|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Harvey Weisenberg
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Weisenberg
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, Candidate Petition List, retrieved August 15, 2012.
- ABC News, "New York unofficial 2012 primary election results," accessed September 13, 2012
- New York Times NY state legislative election results
- Follow the Money's report 2008 Campaign donations in New York
- Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- 2008 contributions to Harvey Weisenberg
|New York Assembly District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |