|New York State Assembly District 20|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
January 1, 2013
Weisenberg's professional experiences include school administrator and teacher for East Meadow Schools, and a police officer for the City of Long Beach.
Weisenberg attended Niagara University; and earned a BS from New York University, MS from Hofstra University, and PDA from Long Island University Charles William Post Campus. He and his wife, Ellen, have five children; Julie, Russell, Gregg, Vicki, and Ricky.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Weisenberg has been appointed to the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York State Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York State Assembly
- Education Committee, New York State Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York State Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York State Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Weisenberg served on the following committees:
- Banks Committee, New York Assembly
- Correction Committee, New York Assembly
- Education Committee, New York Assembly
- Environmental Conservation Committee, New York Assembly
- Mental Health Committee, New York Assembly
- Transportation Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Weisenberg defeated Jeffrey Toback in the September 14 Democratic primary. He defeated Joshua Wanderer (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, he was also listed as a candidate of the Independence Party of New York State, and Working Families Party.
|New York State Assembly, District 20 2010|
|Harvey Weisenberg (D)||20,029|
|Joshua Wanderer (R)||17,902|
On November 4, 2008 Weisenberg won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 20, defeating opponent Michael McGinty (R).
Weisenberg raised $129,131 for his campaign while McGinty raised $1,200.
|New York State Assembly, District 20 2008|
|Harvey Weisenberg (D)||34,803|
|Michael Mcginty (R)||17,435|
In 2008, a year in which Weisenberg was up for re-election, he collected $129,131 in donations.
|New York State Laborers||$3,200|
|New York State United Teachers||$2,960|
|Fire Marshall Benevolent Association of Nassau County||$2,880|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Harvey Weisenberg
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 20
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |