|Florida House of Representatives District 94|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Rogers has worked as a consultant, mortgage broker, and realtor.
She is the founder of the Caribbean American Democratic Club of Broward County, charter member of the Greater Caribbean American Chamber of Commerce, foundation member of the Kiwanis Club of Lauderdale Lakes-West Sunrise, founding member of the Lauderdale Lakes Community Council, co-founder of the State Road 7 Collaborative, co-founder of Unifest, and co-chair of the United Negro College Fund.
Rogers did not provide answers to the Florida State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test. The test provides voters with how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
- Health Care Services Policy Committee
- Roads, Bridges & Ports Policy Committee
- Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Committee
Rogers's sponsored legislation includes:
- HB 531 - "Challenging a Person Desiring to Vote: Prohibits voter challenges based on certain documents; prohibits certain persons from submitting formal challenges to individual's eligibility to register to vote or vote in any election under certain circumstances."
- HB 1363 - "Inmate Re-Entry to the Workforce: Requires that offender's postsentence intake include vocational assessment; requires DOC to include specified information in release orientation program; authorizes DOC to issue photographic identification cards to all inmates immediately prior to release"
- HB 1493 - "Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services: Establishes priority populations of persons who are eligible for services funded by DCFS"
For details and a full listing of sponsored bills, see the House site.
| Florida House of Representatives, District 94 |
2010 General election results
|Hazelle Rogers (D)||23,788||99.93%|
|Evon Manning (Write-in)||17||0.07%|
She easily defeated John Labriola in the August 24 primary.
|Florida House of Representatives, District 94 - Democratic Primary (2010)|
Below are Rogers's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2008 election:
|FL Home Builders Assoc||$1,000|
|123 LaSalle Associates||$1,000|
|Ronald Book Government Consultants||$1,000|
|FL Assoc of Realtors||$1,000|
- Hazelle Rogers' personal website
- Florida House of Representatives - Rep. Hazelle Rogers
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Rogers Biography
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Rogers Issue Positions
- Florida Election Watch - 2010 Election results
- Florida Election Watch, "August 24, 2010 State Representative primary results
- District 94 Florida House candidate funds, 2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign contributions
|Florida House of Representatives District 94
| Succeeded by|
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |