Hazelwood School District, Missouri
|Transparency grading process|
Last rated on March 26, 2012.
- Budget documents are posted, including tax details.
- Meeting dates and minutes are available.
- Names and phone contact details are provided for elected officials and key administrative officials.
- Open bids are listed.
- A link is provided to the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, which provides academic performance information.
- Teacher certification and background check details are available.
- Contact information for the public records officer is disclosed.
- The most recent audit in 2009 is disclosed.
- Email addresses are not listed for elected officials.
- Awarded contracts are not listed.
- Audits and budgets for the past 3 years are not posted.
Current school board members are:
|Cheryl D. Latham||President||2013|
|Mark J. Behlmann||Director||2012|
|Desiree D. Whitlock||Director||2012|
|Brenda C. Youngblood, Ph.D.||Director||2014|
Average total year teacher salaries were:
|Year|| Average total |
The 2010-2012 Articles of Agreement between the district and the Hazelwood National Education Association can be found here.
Current key administrative officials include:
|Dr. Steve Price||Superintendent|
|Dr. Ingrid Clark-Jackson||Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources|
|Diana Gulotta||Assistant Superintendent, Communications|
|Dwight Lindhorst||Assistant Superintendent, Finance & Facilities|
|Dr. Ty McNichols||Assistant Superintendent for Learning|
|Dr. Steve Sandbothe||Assistant Superintendent for Learning|
|Julia Burke Thorpe||Assistant Superintendent, Student Services|
|Dr. Grayling Tobias||Assistant Superintendent for Learning|
Average administrator salaries were:
|Year|| Average administrator |
Superintendent Dr. Chris L. Wright was chosen by the Missouri Association of School Administrators as the 2009 Superintendent of the Year.
The largest union in the district is the Hazelwood National Education Association.<http://www.hazelwoodschools.org/ABOUTUS/HNEA/Pages/default.aspx Hazelwood National Education Association]</ref>
Hazelwood School District publishes its annual budget on its website.
|Expenditures by Category|
|School Year||Staff Expenses||Student Services||Operational Expenses||Debt Service||Other||Budget Total|
|Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget||Total||% of Budget|
The district's 2011 graduation rate was 82.9%, below the state average of 86.7%. The dropout rate for the same year was 3.0%. 30.4% of students entered a 4 year college or university, while 50.4 entered a 2 year college. The district met one of three overall No Child Left Behind Adequate Yearly Progress targets. The attendance rate target was met, while communication arts, mathematics, and graduation rate targets were not met.
Three district schools were added to the persistently-lowest achieving schools list, making them eligible to benefit from grants ranging between $50,000 to $2 million per school. The district applied for grants for Hazelwood East High School, Hazelwood Southeast Middle School and Hazelwood Central Middle School after they were placed on the list based on three years of state assessment data. Grants require one of four reform models be taken. The district favored the "transformation model," which includes steps to create a flatter organization, provide job-embedded professional development, organize learning opportunities at the building level, direct resources to the areas of greatest need, provide equitable resources, and support innovation. This model does not require the replacement of all principals, or the replacement of 50% of each school's teachers.
- About Us
- Board of Education
- Bid Opportunities
- Department of Elementary and Secondary Education School Data
- Public Records
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, District Report Card, Hazelwood School District
- District Administration
- District Highlights
- Hazelwood School District, "Hazelwood School District Budget Document 2013-2014," accessed December 2, 2013
- "HSD to apply for funds through School Improvement Grant program," HSD Portal, News