|U.S. Senate, North Carolina|
Grant's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Illegal Immigration
- Excerpt: "Illegal immigration is a real problem in our Nation today. We are spending millions of dollars in aid to a populace who are here illegally, which is a criminal offense. There is no perfect answer to this problem. This means that we as a Nation will have to work toward a resolution."
- Affordable Care Act
- Excerpt: "Obamacare is not the healthcare reform that our populace was promised. Healthcare premiums are increasing and will continue to do so. Appropriate healthcare is becoming more difficult to obtain. As the Affordable Care Act continues along its time line of implementation, we will see an influx of new healthcare consumers with a decrease of available healthcare providers. This will result in rationing."
- The Constitution
- Excerpt: "The Constitution needs no interpretation. Our founding fathers meant every word they wrote just as it was written. The Constitution was written in the common language of the day so that every man, woman and child could understand the basic enumerated powers of our federal government."
- The Federal Reserve and the Debt
- Excerpt: "The Federal Reserve has no oversight and continually devalues our currency. It must be audited immediately. There must be Congressional oversight of the Federal Reserve to ensure its actions are in the best interest of these United States."
- 2nd Amendment
- Excerpt: "I stand with the Constitution as it is written. The 2nd Amendment states that we have the right to bear and keep arms. This means any and all arms. There is no set definition of what should be allowed or disallowed. With that said, I also want to assure you that I firmly believe that the 2nd Amendment does not give the Federal Government any control over the arms we, the citizens, keep."
Grant is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing North Carolina. Grant is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on May 6, 2014. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Heather + Grant + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.