|Illinois State Senate District 7|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Steans graduated with her Bachelor's degree from Princeton University and a Master's in Public Policy from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government.
Steans is a full-time Senator. Before becoming a Senator, Steans was the Strategic Planning Director for Chicago Public Schools and the former Budget Director for the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development.
Steans serves on these committees:
- See Also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2010
|Illinois State Senate, District 7 (2010)|
|Heather Steans (D)||41,214||83.69%|
|Adam Robinson (R)||8,030||16.31%|
Steans was challenged by Jim Madigan in the Democratic primary election on February 2nd.
|Illinois State Senate, District 7 (2008)|
|Heather Steans (D)||55,457|
|Tom Durkin (G)||13,190|
In 2008, Steans collected $322,596 in donations.
Listed below are those that contributed most to her campaign.
|Heather A. Steans||$41,750|
|Thomas Hunter III||$4,600|
|Jennifer W. Steans||$4,600|
|Illinois Trial Lawyers Association||$4,000|
|Norman R. Bobins||$3,300|
|Donald G. Lubin||$3,300|
|James W. Mabie||$3,300|
|Illinois Education Association||$2,500|
|Mark S. Hersh||$2,500|
Steans represents Illinois Senate District 7. District 7 includes in the Chicago North Shore area in the City of Chicago and in the suburbs.
Heather is married to Leo Smith. They have three children and reside in Lake Forest, Illinois.
- Senator Steans's website
- Biography from the Illinois General Assembly
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008
- Stearns' facebook
- Illinois General Assembly "Senator Heather Steans"
- "Illinois General Assembly" List of Illinois Senate Committees, July 28, 2009
- 2010 Illinois General Election Results
- 2010 Illinois Primary Election Results
- Illinois Senate election results for 2008
- Steans Campaign Donors
- "Illinois Chamber of Commerce, Northeast Illinois Legislative District Maps, July 29, 2009
|Illinois Senate District 7
| Succeeded by|