Difference between revisions of "Heidi Swank"
m (Text replace - "the general election which took place on November 6, 2012" to "the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012")
m (Text replace - ".]</ref>" to "]</ref>")
|Line 74:||Line 74:|
Swank's website highlighted the following campaign themes:<ref>[http://www.heidiswank.com/issues ''The Committee to Elect Heidi Swank'', "Issues," retrieved October 22, 2012
Swank's website highlighted the following campaign themes:<ref>[http://www.heidiswank.com/issues ''The Committee to Elect Heidi Swank'', "Issues," retrieved October 22, 2012]</ref><br>
|Line 131:||Line 131:|
|Editdate=June 24, 2013
|Editdate=June 24, 2013
|link=<ref>[http://followthemoney.org/database/uniquecandidate.phtml?uc=1416762 ''Follow the Money'', "Swank, Heidi." Retrieved June 24, 2013
|link=<ref>[http://followthemoney.org/database/uniquecandidate.phtml?uc=1416762 ''Follow the Money'', "Swank, Heidi." Retrieved June 24, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 07:32, 26 March 2014
|Nevada State Assembly, District 16|
|February 4, 2013 - present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Swank served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Government Affairs|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Mining|
Swank's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Build upon Nevada's strength as a business-friendly environment to bring in new employers and expand existing ones.
- Foster growing IT sector by building up IT service centers, such as customer service, while cultivating high-end IT businesses in the form of e-commerce and software as a service.
- Transform Las Vegas into the regional hub for distribution and operations, including warehousing, air cargo, and freight transportation.
- Education is key to future growth and economic diversity in Nevada.
- Look to innovative solutions and initiatives to better fund K-12 and higher education.
- Cultivate and encourage collaborations between higher education and local industries.
- Provide students and teachers with resources to raise standards in all areas of K-12.
- Enhance programs that will make renewables more accessible to Nevadans.
- Attract and promote the manufacturing of renewable energy components.
- Sponsor initiatives aimed at enhancing commercial and residential energy efficiency.
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Swank ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 16. Swank defeated Jesse Cantero and Mike Schaefer in the June 12 primary election and defeated Ben Boarman (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 16, General Election, 2012|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 16 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Swank is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Swank raised a total of $72,004 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 24, 2013.
|Heidi Swank's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Nevada State Assembly, District 16||$72,004|
|Grand Total Raised||$72,004|
2012Swank won election to the Nevada State Assembly in 2012. During that election cycle, Swank raised a total of $72,004.
|Nevada State Assembly 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Heidi Swank's campaign in 2012|
|Nevada State Education Association||$4,000|
|Nevada Association Of Realtors||$3,000|
|South Point Hotel & Casino||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$72,004|
|Source:Follow the Money|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Heidi + Swank + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Committee to Elect Heidi Swank, "Issues," retrieved October 22, 2012
- Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- Follow the Money, "Swank, Heidi." Retrieved June 24, 2013
John Oceguera (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 16
| Succeeded by|