Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New York State Assembly District 41|
|1981 - Present|
|January 7, 2013|
|Years in position||34|
|Per diem||$61/half day and $171/full day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
Weinstein earned her BA in economics form American University and JD from New England School of Law.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Weinstein has been appointed to the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York State Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York State Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York State Assembly, Chair
- Rules Committee, New York State Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York State Assembly
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Weinstein served on the following committees:
- Aging Committee, New York Assembly
- Codes Committee, New York Assembly
- Judiciary Committee, New York Assembly
- Rules Committee, New York Assembly
- Ways and Means Committee, New York Assembly
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2010
Weinstein ran unopposed in the September 14 Democratic primary. She defeated Alan Bellone (R) in the general election on November 2. In addition to running on the Democratic ticket, she ran on the Working Familes ticket.
|New York State Assembly, District 41 2010|
|Helene Weinstein (D)||16,709|
|Alan Bellone (R)||4,386|
On November 4, 2008 Weinstein won re-election to the New York State Assembly, District 41, defeating opponent Alan Bellone (R).
Weinstein raised $98,731 for her campaign while Bellone raised $0.
|New York State Assembly, District 41 2008|
|Helene Weinstein (D)||25,547|
|Alan Bellone (R)||4,940|
In 2008, a year in which Weinstein was up for election, she collected $98,731 in donations.
The major contributors were:
|New York State Trial Lawyers||$3,000|
|New York State Association of Realtors||$3,000|
|Wilson Elser Moskowitz Edelman & Dicker||$3,000|
|Health Care Association of New York State||$3,000|
- New York Assembly - Rep. Helene Weinstein
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998
|New York Assembly - District 41
| Succeeded by|
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |